Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kingdom of Jerusalem List

Basically using the guidelines and exel sheet of Medieval Demographics Made easy I'll work with these settlements. Basically for simplicity their major centers and the region is named the same. So the small villages around Jersulem will be simply referred to as Jerusalem. They will have their individual names which is free to be made up since alot of these maps are unreliable and it is an altered history after all.

I have not yet arranged the key fiefs according to their population. I plan to roll randomly what became what, then make up the rest. Since its random I don't have to worry about trying to get it accurate and saves me HOURS researching the actual political power. I'll just base the power structure after I roll up the value of each fief.

Population will be the most key determinant for political power given the era. The map in the link is a nice LOTR-ish map. There are more maps if you use Palestine as a search term and look form maps bigger than 2Mpix. Given a population of +2M I can't possibly make enough NPCs. I'll just have up to the GM rule of 7 key figures (GURPS mysteries) beyond the ones i've already fleshed out in my previous write ups.

To the other GMs out there. If it gets Boring reconsider the amount of time you are budgeting or do it at smaller increments (which go faster). What I'm doing is that I'll just use the exel sheet and bulldoze my way to filling up the Political crap out of these centers. Probably 2 hours TOPS!

Note that because of the climate these "Nation" is very "eastern" with their armor and dress. They wear very light and fight based on endurance and speed.

Major Fiefs
(Cities, Provinces)
  • Jerusalem
  • Acre
  • Tyre
  • Damascus
  • Ascalon
  • Antioch
  • Tripoli
  • Edessa
  • Mosul
  • Beruit
  • Galilee
  • Sidon
Great Fiefs (Towns, Large Settlements)
  • Nazareth
  • Bethel
  • Berea
  • Bethany
  • Bethlehem
  • Hebron
  • Ralma
  • Jaffa
  • Haifa
  • Tiberias
  • Siloh
  • Gaza

No comments: