Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Levant aka Modern Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, and Syria.

Checking the wiki about each country and using google maps I found out that
  • Israel and Palestine: 22,000 sq km and 350 people per sq km
  • Lebanon: 10,000 sq km and 400 people per sq km
  • Jordan: 92,000 sq km and 63 people per sq km
  • Syria: 185,000 sq km and 110 people per sq km
I broke them down to using Medieval Demographics Made easyl
  • Israel and Palestine: 22,000 sq km and 35 people per sq km
  • Lebanon: 10,000 sq km and 40 people per sq km
  • Jordan: 92,000 sq km and 6 people per sq km
  • Syria: 185,000 sq km and 11 people per sq km
It is interesting to find out that in Roman times Levant had a population of 5M that progressed slowly towards 2M until the time of the Crusades.

I uploaded the map I scanned. I hate how they are inconsistent with each other. As each map features different locations. I have to use AUTO Realm to make my own Crusades Map to include ALL significant locations. Too bad it eats so much ram to import the image for me to trace.

I don't know how long it will take me to make the map (Probably 40 hours). It is an obsession to reconstruct the lost Kingdom of Jerusalem.

BTW I'm getting much of my flavor inspiration from Game of Thrones of GRRM.

No comments: